Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Purell adventure

Packed and prepared as I'll ever be for the adventure ahead!


Today it became REAL--I cannot believe this is actually happening! I must decide what I will survive with in the most foreign place I have ever visited, and say goodbye to those I will miss [Qdoba and Starbucks included]. A challenge? Yes! But at the same time, I have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity ahead of me. I will be serving Santisimo Sacramento,  in Piura, Peru. This is the sister parish of my home parish, St. Anthony on the Lake of Pewaukee, WI, and also the destination of my community nursing clinical with 4 other Marquette nursing students and instructor Dr. Darlene Weis. St. Anthony's mothered me from K5 to college, and so I have come to know Santisimo Sacramento well, but from a distance. I am so excited that I have the opportunity to know this community face to face and with a nursing approach. Ready, set, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment